Thursday, July 26, 2007

23 Things; Item 8

Well I have just set up aBloglines account and subscribed to a number of RSS Feeds for sites I traditionally search. I like the general idea of RSS feeds but I personally I happen to like having to travel to websites to look up the latest posts and info. The ability to create an RSS reader account is nice and I can see the advantage if one uses 20 or more sites for information but honestly I have problems coming up with 10 sites I feel I need to visit on a regular basis. The idea is a good one but for me it is simply less than practical. So while I have a bloglines account I feel it will probably collect dust much like an old Hotmail e-mail account I had until it gets deleted by their system.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I like the idea of RSS but I agree with you. I'm so accustomed to making my usual rounds of web sites that it's hard to drop that habit and check the rss instead.