Tuesday, July 3, 2007

23 Things; Week 3 Part 3

Ahh technology, both the bane and lifeblood of my day. I find the connectivity with which internet allows. I can get TV shows from Britian, send e-mail to my friends abroad without dealing with a time delay, or talk to a friend about a social gathering without having to pickup a phone and calling.
The rise of high speed internet is really what I am talking about. I have been on dial-up and found it wanting for many reasons. There is a reason people don't remember the digital media forms of Real Media and Vivo, becuase they are three frames a second to allow them to be used by Dial-up at 24kps. Files over 20 Megs would take days to download, now you can grab something in the range of 175 Megs in under 20 minutes, if BitTorrent likes you. I grant this seems odd as a post goes, but I just saw the end of Season 3 of the current Doctor Who....it starts airing in the US on Friday, but the finale just aired on BBC1 this past Sat. and was avalible for DL an hour after airing in a easy to dl size. The only issues now is simply finding what you are looking for. Ain't technology grand.

No comments: