Thursday, September 20, 2007

23 Things - #13 Del.icio.us

Well, this is an interesting idea in collecting together various items under one account. I am just not sure I fully understand its usefulness. The tagging system is interesting and reminds me of a short story about how different people connect/label different objects but I still think it is a rather cumbersome way to work anything. And I could see it being used in the manner which a library is using it to supply information to multiple people, much like a message board, but I doubt that this is a tool I would use on a regular basis. Of course I am also not a fan of either LiveJournal or MySpace and so I am less interested in the social networking aspect of the site, which could be helpful for some. In the sense that you could find information on a topic due to one of the tags linking you to something you had not thought about. It just reminds me of people whom just somehow start on Wikipedia at Bridges and end up finally reading an article on Nicola Tessla.
As a side note, I just want to bid a fond farewell to "Robert Jordan" who passed away this weekend.

No comments: