Wednesday, September 26, 2007

23 Things - #18 - Online Productivity

So I looked at Google Docs as I already have two e-mail accounts there and had used them to play with some files before. I do find these new web based applications are cool and viable for easy and quick modification but honestly I feel that Works and Word will still have either place. With the current level of options avalible on these web apps there are too many limitations on what is possible to create.
I also find when I import an existing text document which I build on Correl at home, it will add small bits of text at the titles of the page, often a small 1. And I have no idea why this is. Outside of that I do like the ease of use and the fact that I don't need to have access on the computer for Works or Word, but instead of that software you need to have internet access which can be slightly harder to come by. So while I think this will have a place, I think at this stage it will not replace any existing Word Processing applications, if simply due to the issue of access and that these apps. are still in the infancy stage of both use and function.

No comments: