Friday, September 28, 2007

23 Things - #23 The End, or at least a pause

Wow, finally made it, what wit h the mad dash up to this point. It has been fun and interesting. I liked checking out these sites I have never heard of and learning about terms I had only heard of in passing. I think I will have to spend a week playing on LibraryThing in the very near future, and wonder if there version of it for video and not simply books.
I think I walk away from the program a little more in touch with contemporary Internet users who have more time on their hands then I do sift through all their favorites sites on a daily basis. As I said once before I like the idea of RSS feeds and the like, but at least for me I don't go to enough sites in a day to require such a device but knowing how to use one should help work with library patrons who need to know.
I think that there could be more guidance with this program. In almost every exercise we are told simply to play and explore on the site but honestly I would have preferred more definitive tasks to help show us all the features the sites have to offer. I grant that letting people look for themselves is a great idea but sometimes being shown an example of something works better.
If another opportunity like this came along in the near future I would probably check what we would be looking at, and how before deciding to join simply because I would have liked more direction on some of the tasks.
Overall I had fun and enjoyed learning about these Web 2.0 sites. I think some of them are utter crap, at least for me, and as such may never go back to them again. But overall in the long term I think I will continue to use some of the sites from this program and will be looking forward to the opportunity like this.

No comments: